Bo Lindell's Full 4-Book Series is now available for free in English
Bo Lindell's History of Radiation, Radioactivity, and Radiological Protection
The fourth and final book, 'The Toil of Sisyphus', is now available for free in English!
Bo Lindell’s authoritative four-book series, The History of Radiation, Radioactivity, and Radiological Protection, resting on this first-hand experience and scientific accuracy and spiced with his vivid sense of humour, has been translated into English as a joint effort by the Nordic Society for Radiation Protection (NSFS); the Nordic Nuclear Safety Research (NKS); the five Nordic regulatory authorities; and the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA).
The fourth and final book in the series, The Toil of Sisyphus, is now available. This fascinating and entertaining book is based on Lindell’s own central role in the international development of radiological protection. While the title alludes to the efforts of the nuclear power industry to gain public acceptance, the book covers all aspects of radiation and protection problems. Being a first-hand account, this book is formatted as chronological diary notes rather than the topical orientation of the earlier volumes. Studded with funny and sometimes dramatic anecdotes, it is very easy to read yet full of important information.
The complete series is comprised of:
- Pandora's Box (Part 1. The Time Before World War II)
- The Sword of Damocles (Part 2. The 1940s)
- The Labours of Hercules (Part 3. 1950 - 1966)
- The Toil of Sisyphus (Part 4. 1967 - 1999+)
You can obtain these books in two ways:
- Paperback versions can be had at an extremely favourable price covering only the direct costs of printing, and shipping from www.amazon.com (or any other Amazon site), searching ‘Lindell Pandora’, or 'Lindell Damocles' etc.
- Download PDFs, completely cost-free, from the NSFS or NKS websites.