ICRP 2007 Recommendations Available
The 2007 recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection are now available as follows:
- Printed copies - These can be ordered through the ICRP publishers.
- Downloading electronic copies - These can be obtained, on a pay-per-file basis (with credit card) unless you are a subscriber to the electronic version, athttp://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/01466453.
- User's Edition - This lower-cost version includes the full text of the actual Recommendations (pp. 1 - 135) but not the scientific Annexes with background data (pp. 137 - 332); it also can be ordered through the ICRP publishers.
- Bulk orders and/or sponsored copies - Significant discounts are available for purchase of a number of copies, e.g., for employees, or regulators may wish to distribute copies to licensees. It is also possible to discuss overprinting the cover with an organizational logo on a print run. However, the ICRP reserves the right to edit or reject specific proposals. For more information about these options, please contact Sarah Cahill at Elsevier: email@example.com.
- Special discount options and translations
- Developing countries - In about 100 countries, the reports of ICRP (and many other scientific publications) are available at little or no cost through the 'HINARI' program. In order to investigate whether you qualify for this program, and to register, please visit http://www.who.int/hinari/en/. In exceptional cases, the Scientific Secretary of ICRP can arrange access for selected departments in those relatively prosperous developing countries that do not qualify for participation in the HINARI program. However, in such cases ICRP much prefers to permit translations and distribution of translated reports. So far, translations have been agreed for versions in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Negotiations concerning a possible Arabic version are under way. For information and permissions, please contact the Scientific Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IRPA Associated Societies - If your IRPA Associated Society has made the appropriate deal with our publishers and ICRP, there is a discount for members. For more information, visit the ICRP web site.