Abstract of the 71st IRPA Executive Council Meeting
Abstract of EC71 minutes
Hosted by IRPA’s EC member Sigurður Magnùsson in the offices of the Icelandic Regulatory Authority, the 71st Executive Council of IRPA was held in Reykjavik, Iceland, on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th September, 2017.
IRPA’s officers, the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Executive Officer, Vice-President for Congress Affairs and Publications Director presented and commented on their activities of the past year.
In addition, among the most significant items on the agenda, a decision was taken to enable an AS to vote at the General Assembly, even if absent, through a new proxy process, which will be submitted to the Rules Committee at the next Congress in Seoul 2020.
• All EC members approved the IRPA Publication on the System of Protection, to be sent to the AS and the main international organizations.
• IRPA’s role with the medical community was discussed and a number of actions was adopted.
• The EC decided to set up small ‘Horizon Scanning’ group (based on those EC members connected to key international organisations) led by the Publications Director with a view to informing the AS on scientific updates through IRPA bulletin and website.
• Decision was made to update the IRPA document on the View of the Profession before uploading on the website.
• After the publication of two IRPA documents on Eye Dose, decision was made by the EC to continue with the task group on this topic, with a view to capture experience feedback from the AS on initial implementation.
• The EC was given a quick tour of the revamped IRPA website by the Publications Director and its evolution. It is now much more user-friendly and modern.
• The status of activities carried out by the various IRPA task groups was also reviewed in detail.
The President, Roger Coates, and the EC members discussed all other items on the agenda, including details of all forthcoming Congresses, and IRPA 15 International Congress in Seoul in 2020.
As to the arrangements for the 72nd EC meeting in 2018, it was decided to hold it in Milan, Italy, on 21 and 22 June, 2018.