Polish Society of Medical Physics
The Polish Society of Medical Physics (Polskie Towarzystwo Fizyki Medycznej, PTFM) was founded on the initiative of a group of physicists, engineers and doctors interested in the development of applications in exact sciences and technology in medicine. The first meeting of the Founding Committee of the Society took place on February 5, 1965.
The aim of the Society is to support the development of medical physics and applications of technology in medicine and biology. To achieve its goals, PTFM develops the following activities:
- Organizes conventions, symposia, scientific meetings, lectures and lectures
- Runs publishing activities
- Advises on the condition and needs of medical physics and talks to the authorities
- Maintains communication with related organizations in the country and abroad
- The main management board appoints committees and committees to perform specific tasks.